Infinite Musings

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. Edward R. Murrow

Monday, September 11, 2006

The Naked Blogger

The requirement of keeping a "reflective practice" blog is like being asked to do a new yoga position - naked. I've read and reread the concept as described by Donald Schön and I'm not sure I fully understand it. And, look, here I am admitting that publicly - quick pass me a fig leaf. But wait...is this an instance of "allowing [myself] to experience surprise, puzzlement, or confusion in a situation which [I] find uncertain or unique?" Is this reflective blogging the same process that automatically and constantly goes on in my head already when I'm learning and researching but just in another format and made more conscious? I guess I'll find out. So putting aside all shame and personal and intellectual shyness (bye bye fig leaf) here I go ready to share my infinite musings....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home